Malinda Jane Jenkins
Malinda Jane Jenkins (1857-1930)
Copyright 2007, Will Johnson, email@example.com, Professional Genealogist, All Rights Reserved
Malinda was born in Georgia in 1857 or 1858, possibly in Paulding County, Georgia.
She married Albert Lee Thomas (1847-1908) in Franklin County, Arkansas in 1873. They were present there in White Rock Township, in the 1880 and 1900 census. Albert is buried at White Rock Cemetery and his tombstone says 1908.
Malinda stayed in Franklin County for a while longer, but by 1920 she is living in Oklahoma, where she is still living for the 1930 census as well.
She died in Mulberry, Crawford County, Arkansas, and is buried in the adjacent county at White Rock Cemetery, in White Rock, Franklin County, Arkansas.
- 1870 Census of Dallas PO, Burnt Hickory and Eutah Township, Paulding County, Georgia extracted here showing "Melinda Jenkins, 12 years old, b Georgia"
- Marriages of Franklin County, Arkansas 1850-1916, Virginia McPhail, page 188 "Thomas, Albert 26 & Malinda J Jenkins 17 Dec 28, 1873"
- 1880 Census of Franklin County, Arkansas as "Bulinda Thomas, 23, wife"
- 1900 Census of Franklin County, Arkansas as "Malinda J Thomas, wife, b Dec 1855, 44"
- 1910 Census of Franklin County, Arkansas as "Mary Thomas, 54, widow"
- 1920 Census of Muskogee County, Oklahoma as "Malinda Thomas, mother, age 63, widow"
- 1930 Census of McClain County, Oklahoma as "M J Thomas, mother-in-law, age 78, widow"
- Malinda's Death Certificate, which says: "birthplace GA, name of father Jenkins, name of mother no answer, Informant John E Huggins, [probably the John Edward Huggins husband of Flora V Eula Thomas], died 7-17-30. [The doctor and John both gave their addresses as] Mulberry, Arkansas"
- Malinda's Tombstone in White Rock Cemetery says: "Malinda Thomas 1858-1930 Mother"