Stanley E Nichols
This page written and copyright by Will Johnson, 2008. You may email me at email@example.com
Stanley E Nichols
The following obituary is as published, and should not be altered, without excellent proof:
"Stanley E. Nichols, age 82, of Kirkwood, Delaware passed away on 6 Sep 2007 at home surrounded by his loving family after battling cancer.
"Born in Murphyboro, Rutherford County, Tennessee on 28 Jan 1925, Stanley was the son of the late Stanley Thurman Nichols (1896-1953) and Willie (Wright) Nichols. Stanley was a member of Masonic Lodge where he was a 32nd Degree Master Mason, he also served in the Army Air Corps during WWII in the China-Burma-India Theather, flying supply missions "over the hump" in C-46 aircraft. After retiring from Capital Airway where he worked from 1952-1982, Stanley enjoyed raising pit bulls, going fishing on his boat, and spending time gardening, he would share his vegetables with everyone. But, most of all he enjoyed spending time with his family and friends.
"Stanley will be sadly missed by his wife of 35 years, Lorraine Nichols; his 5 children, Robert Nichols (Wendy), Wanda Caban (Jorge), Sharon Zabinko (Leonard), John Brookings, Jr. and Janet White; his 10 grandchildren, Robert, Mark, Stephanie, Tiffany, Nicole, Jennifer, Jack, Kelly, Miranda and Devin; and 1 great-grandchild, Preston.
"Family and friends are invited to attend a viewing in celebration of Stanley's life on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 from 10am-12 noon at Beeson Funeral Home of Newark, 2053 Pulaski Highway (Fox Run). Funeral Services will follow at 12 noon at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Gracelawn Memorial Park, New Castle." (Obituary as published).
Stanley Thurman Nichols
Stanley Thurman Nichols was born 16 Oct 1896, the son of William Henry Nichols and his wife Docia Ann Davidson.
In 1925 the family was living in Murphyboro, Rutherford County, Tennessee where their son Stanley was born that year.
Stanley Thurman Nichols died 5 Jan 1953.
Willie Wright, is apparently the daughter of William T Wright by his wife Davis N somebody. She appears as "Willie D" age 10 living in their household in the 1910 Census of Lincoln County, Tennessee.
William Henry Nichols
Docia Ann Davidson
William T Wright
William T Wright was born about 1868 in Bedford County, Tennessee, the son of Isaac Wright by his wife Margaret Edwards, who had married in that county in 1864. Isaac was the son of George Wright and Catherine Featherston. Margaret was the daughter of Weldon Edwards and Rachel West.
Sources for 6
Thanks to Julia Molitz for these lookups
- 1850 Census of Rutherford CO., TN : "George Wright 42 VA; Catharine 40; Grandison 17; Mary J. 14; Thomas 12; James 9; Nancy S. 7; Isaac 7; Rebeckah 4; Richard A. 2"
- 1860 Census of Bedford CO., TN census : "Catharine Wright 54 NC; Isaac A. 17; Rebecca 15; James 20; Richard 11; Lucinda 6"
- Marriage of Isaac Wright to Margaret Edwards 28 Jul 1864 Bedford CO., TN from TN State Marriages 1780-2002
- 'Bedford County, Tennessee History Book', "Isaac Wright Family", submit by Barry Lamb of Murfreesboro, TN
- 1870 Census of Bedford CO., TN : "Isaac Wright 26; Margaret 27; Adia A 5; Catherine 4; William T. 2"
- 1880 Census of Marshall CO., TN : "Isaac Wright 36 TN all born in TN; Margaret 37; Ada A. 14; A. C. 13 (daughter); Wm T. 11; Malinda E. 10; Mary E. 8; Isack A. 5"
- 1910 Census of Dist 11, Lincoln County, Tennesee : "Wm T. Wright 40 TN; Davis N. 42 TN; Alena L 13 TN; Eva Lee 12 TN; Willie D. 10 TN; Maggie Sue 8 TN; Ida Low 6 TN; Kate 4 TN; Sydney W. 2 TN"