4000 year DFA
A proposed 4000-year Descent From Antiquity, connecting the 12th dynasty of Egypt to modern descendents.
A recent discussion on part of this line at Gen-Medieval elicited the clear remarks that Charles (called) "Constantine" was not the son of Anna of Byzantium (daughter of Leo VI, Emperor of Byzantium), and that Anna of Byzantium was not married to Louis "the Blind". So regardless of the merit of the rest of this descent, the breaking of the line here, breaks the connection for most of the members of Gen-Medieval.
- PDF version of the purported 4000-year DFA
- HTML version of the same DFA
- Soc.genealogy.medieval "Leo VI- Emperor of Byzantium", Aug 9, 1999
- Soc.genealogy.medieval "Ancestry of Constance, Countess of Arles" Nov 6, 1999
- Soc.genealogy.medieval "Charles Constantine, Count of Vienne: identity of his mother" Feb 9, 2007, note where Peter Stewart (to my mind) effectively destroys the connection between Anna of Byzantium, and any Western European descendents. He also points out the liklihood that Charles "Constantin" was illegitimate.