Abraham "Abram" Eason
This article written and copyright 2008 by Will Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Professional Genealogist, All Rights Reserved.
Abraham Eason was, according to some researchers born in Greene County, Georgia in or about 1770, the son of Moses Eason by his wife Sarah or Susannah Rice. I do not yet have any documentation on this.
In or about 1790, Abraham Eason married in Greene County to Lucibert "Lucy" Peters the daughter of Edmond Peters probably also of that place.
Abraham and Lucy had at least or exactly twelve children: Nancy, Zachariah "Rice", Martha, Abraham Jr, William, Lucibert "Lucy", Edmund, Mary, James, John, Catherine and Andrew Jackson (in that order).
The family lived in Oglethorpe County until 1803/7, moving then to Jackson County, but then quickly to Morgan County and then to Fayette County where Abraham died about 1825.
His widow Lucy is enumerated in Fayette County in the 1830 census, and several of their children where married in that place. One daughter Mary Eason, married to Edward Young Johnson and they moved to Brownsville, Paulding County. Apparently the widow Lucy eventually followed them there and died in 1853.
- Georgia Tax Index, 1789-99 showing "Abram Eason 1798 in Duke's District, Oglethorpe County, [Georgia]"
- Index to the 1800 George Territorial Census showing Abraham Eason in Oglethorpe County. (This is a index, not the actual image.)
- 1820 Census of Capt Knights District, Morgan County, Georgia showing, on page 142: "Abram Eason 320101-1110102" (remainder of line is blank). This translates to :
- Free White Males under 10 3; 10-16 2; 16-18 0; 16-26 1; over 45 1
- Free White Females under 10 1; 10-16 1; 16-26 1; over 45 1
- Two people engaged in Agriculture"
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1827, Reprint of Official Register of Land Lottery of Georgia 1827, 41st Day's Drawing April 23; APPLING. page 125. Fortunate Drawers: Abraham Eason; Captains District: Morgans; Number: 195; District: 17; County: Muscogee County
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1827, Reprint of Official Register of Land Lottery of Georgia 1827, 50th Day's Drawing May 3; APPLING. page 154. Fortunate Drawers: Abraham Eason; Captains District: Morgan; Number: 21; District: 15; County: Lee County