Charles Ainsworth Mitchell
Charles Ainsworth Mitchell, (1867 - 1948) English author and scientist
Copyright 2007 by Will Johnson email@example.com, Professional Genealogist. All Rights Reserved.
If you enjoy the research done here, consider making a financial contribution to keep research like this going.
- A scientist in the criminal courts. Publisher: London, Chapman & Hall ltd., 1945.
- Allen's Commercial organic analysis; a treatise on the properties, modes of analysis, and proximate analytical examination of the various organic chemicals and products employed in the arts, manufactures, medicine, etc.; with concise methods for the detection and estimation of their impurities, adulterations, and products of decomposition ... with Alfred Henry Allen; Samuel Schmucker Sadtler; Elbert C Lathrop. Publisher: Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co. [©1923-33 Series] Also published in London by Churchill. 1910 edition, 1912 edition, 1923 edition
- Animal and vegetable fixed oils, fats, butters and waxes; their preparation and properties, and the manufacture therefrom of candles, soaps and other products. with C R Alder Wright. Publisher: London, C. Griffin & co., ltd., 1921.
- Collection regarding the will of ʻAbdu'l-Bahá, 1930-1932. by ʻAbdu'l-Bahá. Archival Material
- Commercial organic analysis with Alfred H Allen; S S Sadtler; Elbert C Lathrop. Publisher: London, 1924-1933.
- Documents and their scientific examination, with especial reference to the chemistry involved in cases of suspected forgery, investigation of disputed documents, handwriting, etc. Publisher: London, C. Griffin & Company, 1922.
- Edible fats and oils; their composition, manufacture and analysis, with William Herbert Simmons. Publisher: London, Scott, Greenwood, 1911. Reprint: London, Scott, Greenwood & Son, 1921.
- Edible oils & fats. Publisher: London, New York, Longmans, Green, 1918.
- Excavations in Malta. with Margaret Alice Murray; Thomas J Ward. Publisher: London, B. Quaritch, 1929.
- Ferments and their actions. with Karl Oppenheimer. Publisher: London, C. Griffin & company, limited, 1901. (Also on microform)
- Fibres used in textile and allied industries, with Robert Morris Prideaux. Publisher: London, Scott, Greenwood & Son, 1910.
- Flesh foods, with methods for their chemical, microscopical, and bacteriological examination; a practical had-book for medical men, analysts, inspectors, and others. Publisher: London, Charles Griffin & company, limited, 1900. (Also on microform)
- Forensic chemistry in the criminal courts. Publisher: London, Institute of Chemistry of Great Britain and Ireland, 1938.
- Friends of the Columbia University Libraries collection, 1828-1953. Language: English Type: Archival Material
- Graphites and other pencil pigments. Publisher: [London], 1922.
- Ink manufacture including writing, copying, lithographic, marking, stamping, typewriting and laundry inks with Sigmund Lehner. Publisher: London Scott, Greenwood & Son 1926. (Also on microform)
- Ink. Publisher: London, New York [etc.] Sir I. Pitman & sons, ltd. 
- Inks: their composition and manufacture; including methods of examination and a full list of English parents; with Thomas Cradock Hepworth. Publisher: London, C. Griffin & company, ltd., 1904. Also published by Lippincott in Philadelphia [n.d.]. Reprint London, C. Griffin & Company, Ltd., 1916; London, C. Griffin & Co., 1924 and London, C. Griffin & company, limited, 1937. (Also on microform)
- Introduction to qualitative chemical analysis, with Theodor Wilhelm Fresenius; C Remigius Fresenius. Publisher: New York : Wiley, 1921
- Marking-ink in Ancient Egypt. Publisher: London : Macmillan, 1927.
- Mary Stuart's scandal letter to Queen Elizabeth. Publisher: [London, 1925?].
- Micro-organisms and fermentation, with Alfred Peter Carslund Jørgensen; Albert Hansen; Aage Lund. Publisher: London, C. Griffin and company, limited, 1939.
- Mineral and aerated waters. Publisher: London, Constable, 1913.
- Oils; animal, vegetable, essential, and mineral. Publisher: London, Bath, New York, Sir I. Pitman & Sons . Reprint London, Pitman  (Also on microform)
- Organic chemistry. Publisher: London : 1930.
- Reagents and reactions with Edgardo Tognoli. Publisher: London : J. & A. Churchill, 1918.
- Recent advances in analytical chemistry. Publisher: London, J.&A. Churchill, 1930-31.
- Science and the criminal, by C Ainsworth Mitchell Language: English Type: Book Publisher: London, Sir I. Pitman & sons, ltd., 1911. (Also available as an Internet Resource)
- The expert witness and the application of science and of art to human identification, criminal investigation, civil actions & history. Publisher: Cambridge [England] : W. Heffer & Sons, 1923. (Also available as an Internet Resource)
- The scientific detective and the expert witness. Publisher: New York, Appleton, 1931.
- The Society of Public Analysts and other Analytical Chemists: some reminiscences of its first fifty years, with Bernard Shirley Dyer. Publisher: Cambridge [Eng.] Heffer, 1932.
- The distillation of the essential oils of flowers & herbs with M Grieve. Publisher: [Tamwork, England : Printer, 1924?]
- The expert witness and the applications of science and of art to human identification, criminal investigation, civil actions & history. Publisher: Cambridge, W. Heffer & sons ltd., 1923. Also published: New York : D. Appleton, 1923.
- The evidence of the Casket letters. Historical Association (Great Britain). Publisher: London, Published for the Historical Association by G. Bell and Sons, 1927.
- Trapucó, part I with Margaret Alice Murray; Edith M Guest; Thomas J Ward. Publisher: London : B. Quaritch, ©1932.
- Vinegar: its manufacture and examination. Publisher: London, C. Griffin & company, limited; Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott company, 1916.
- Who Was Who in Literature, 1906-1934. Based on entries that first appeared in Literary Yearbook (1906-1913), Literary Yearbook and Author's Who's Who (1914-1917), Literary Yearbook (1920-1922), and Who's Who in Literature (1924-1934). Two volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1979. (WhLit)
- Who's Who among Living Authors of Older Nations. Covering the literary activities of living authors and writers of all countries of the world except the United States of America, Canada, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii, Newfoundland, the Philippine Islands, the West Indies, and Central America. Volume 1, 1931-1932. Edited by A. Lawrence. Los Angeles: Golden Syndicate Publishing Co., 1931. (WhoLA)
- Biography Index. A cumulative index to biographical material in books and magazines. Volume 1: January, 1946-July, 1949. New York: H.W. Wilson Co., 1949. (BioIn 1)
- Who Was Who among English and European Authors, 1931-1949. Based on entries which first appeared in The Author's and Writer's Who's Who and Reference Guide, originally compiled by Edward Martell and L.G. Pine, and in Who's Who among Living Authors of Older Nations, originally compiled by Alberta Lawrence. Three volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1978. (WhE&EA)