Frances Cave was born the daughter of Margaret Cecil by her first husband Roger Cave of Stamford (d 25 Jul 1586, son of Thomas Cave). Frances was still unmarried when her father died, and possibly her mother had already wed secondly to Ambrose (aka Erasmus) Smith.
Frances Cave married Sir Edmund Bussey (son of John Bussey and Elizabeth) between Sep 1588 and Jan 1591. It is possible that Sir Edmund Bussey was born before 1559 as the register at Haydor contains apparently his siblings, but not him.
Children, all baptised at Haydour, Lincs:
- Miles Bussey bap 29 Aug 1591, married Grace and had at least two children
- Elizabeth Bussey bap 11 Aug 1594
- Frances Bussey bap 20 Apr 1596
- Bridget Bussey bap 15 May 1597
- Jane Bussey bap 12 Jul 1598
- For baptisms see www.familysearch.org - IGI - British Isles - Batch P0011261("Register of Haydor, co Lincoln 1559-1649")