Franklin D Roosevelt
Franklin Delano Roosevelt, President of the United States from 1933 to his death in 1945
Franklin Delano Roosevelt was born 30 Jan 1882 at Hyde Park, Dutchess County, New York, to James Roosevelt (1828-1900) and his wife Sara Delano (1854-1941). He married on 17 Mar 1905 to his distant cousin Anna Eleanor Roosevelt, who happened to be the niece of then-sitting US President Theodore Roosevelt. Eleanor's parents were Elliot Roosevelt and his wife Anna Rebecca Livingston Ludlow Hall.
Franklin Roosevelt and Eleanor had five children:
- Anna Eleanor "Sis" Roosevelt (1906-1975) who married three times Curtis Bean Dall, John Boettiger, and Dr John Addison Halsted;
- James Roosevelt (b. 1907) who married twice Elizabeth Cushing and Romelle Schneider;
- Elliot "Bunny" Roosevelt (b. 1910) who married four times Elizabeth Donner, Ruth Googins, Faye Emerson and Minnewa Ross;
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Jr (b. 1914) who married twice Ethel Dupont and Suzanne Perrin;
- John Aspinwall Roosevelt (b. 1916) who married twice Anne Lindsay Clark and Irene Boyd McAlpin.