George E Washington
George E Washington (May 1863 - 1949)
Copyright 2006, Will Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Professional Genealogist, All Rights Reserved
This page has been paid for by George's relative Althea Bolden.
George E Washington was born May 1863 in Arkansas per the 1900 census. (He is 47 on the 1910 census, 58 on the 1920 census and 67 on the 1930 census.)
He married "Mirandy Wimberly" in 1899 in Arkansas County. Her maiden name is unknown at this time. Maranda evidently had several children from a prior marriage, named Wimberly. On the 1900 census, they say married 1 year, but on the 1910 census, he says this is his first marriage, while she says it's her second and both say they married 18 years ago.
Per his tombstone (see below), he died in 1949, probately in Stuttgart, Arkansas County, Arkansas.I placed a lookup request here on Ancestry's Arkansas County Board and got this response:
According to the book, "Cemetery Records of Arkansas County, Arkansas",Page 290, there is a Washington, G. E., born 1863, died 1949. He is listed as buried in the Green Groves and Love's Rest Cemeteries which are located just north of Stuttgart. Both of these cemeteries are transcribed together as one so they must be connected. On the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS)government web site they are listed as two different cemeteries but very close to each other by latitude and longitude.A follow-up request located his wife Miranda:
There is only one Washington listed besides G. E. in the same cemetery; Washington, M., born 1865, died 1954, page 290. The book doesn't list the buried by rows or in alphabetical order for these two cemeteries. So the persons listed above him and below him may or may not be next to him. But here they are; above him is, Geanes, Lester, born 12/1/1941, died 9/19/1961. The person listed on line below his name is, Amos, Minnie, born 11/25/1900, died 5/12/1969. Hope this helps you.
- Ethel E b 11 Nov 1893 Arkansas. The 1900 census states that she was born Nov 1893. Althea states that she married a James Coleman and died in Detroit in 1983. The marriage had to take place sometime after the 1910 census when Ethel is enumerated still living with her parents. There is an Ethel Coleman 11 Nov 1893 - Mar 1979 who is listed in the SSDI as having last resided in Detroit.
- George Elmer b 25 Aug 1895 World War I Draft Registration Card stating that he is a Section Hand for Cotton Belt RR of Stuttgart; that he lives at 615 N Porter and was born at Arkansas Post and is single
- Geoffrey Emery b 25 Aug 1895 World War I Draft Registration Card stating that he is a Laborer 25 for St L & S W RR of Stuttgart; that he was born at Stuttgart
- Clarence b 31 Jul 1898 World War I Draft Registration Card stating that he is a Porter for C J Lovell of Stuttgart; that he lives at 706 N Buerkle and that his nearest relative is "Miranda Washington" at the same address
- Paulina "Polly" b Dec 1899 Arkansas
- Marie b 1902/3 Stuttgart, Arkansas County, Arkansas
- Ona or Onie b 1901/4 Stuttgart, Arkansas County, Arkansas
- Earl b 1905/6 Stuttgart, Arkansas County, Arkansas
- Fuscha or Fusia b 1907/9 Stuttgart, Arkansas County, Arkansas
- Marriage of George Washington to Miranda Wimberley
- 1900 Census Stuttgart, Arkansas County, Arkansas
- 1910 Census Stuttgart, Arkansas County, Arkansas
- 1920 Census Stuttgart, Arkansas County, Arkansas
- 1930 Census Stuttgart, Arkansas County, Arkansas