Jesse T Johnson
Jesse T Johnson (born abt 1836, died between 1890 and 1900)
Copyright 2006, Will Johnson, email@example.com, Professional Genealogist, All Rights Reserved
He married Edna S "Edny" between 1853 and 1854, probably in Georgia, and possibly in Paulding County. She was born abt 1839 in Georgia. I do not know her maiden name.
They lived in Paulding County, Georgia in 1860, where he was a Blacksmith. Jesse T Johnson was a sergeant in Company F, 40th Regiment, Georgia Infantry, CSA and was a prisoner of war. Between 1868 and 1874, the family moved to Arkansas where by 1880 they were enumerated at Hempstead County, Arkansas, where he was a Farmer.
He was still living in 1890 when he paid a tax receipt and when he and his wife donated land to the Bethany Baptist Church.
He died between 1890 and 1900, probably in Spring Hill, Hempstead County, Arkansas. Jesse and Edna may be buried in Bethany Cemetery, Hempstead County, Arkansas but if so, they have no tombstones remaining.
- Nancy J Johnson b abt 1854 Georgia, possibly in Paulding County
- Susan Elliott Johnson b Dec 1855 Georgia, possibly in Paulding County
- Elizabeth "Bett" Johnson b abt 1857 Georgia, possibly in Paulding County
- Beulah Frances "Fannie" Johnson b 20 Jul 1860 Georgia, possibly in Paulding County
- Jessie M Johnson b 14 May 1864 Georgia, possibly in Paulding County
- John A Johnson b abt 1868 Georgia, possibly in Paulding County
- George Alison Johnson b 25 Sep 1874 Arkansas, possibly in Hempstead County
- 1860 Census Page 146, Brownsville PO, 942 District, Paulding County, Georgia
- 1880 Census Spring Hill, Hempstead County, Arkansas
- 1890 Tax Receipts, Hempstead County, Arkansas
- 1890 Land Transaction