Married Orpha (maiden name not known) 1849/50 in or around Barbour County, Virginia. Living in 1850 in Barbour County, Virginia (now West Virginia), both aged 20 at that time, both born in Virginia.
Joshua Martin was supposed to have served under General Price during the Civil War.
The death certificate of one of their children shows Orpha's maiden name as Annon, however others believe it was Myers.
There is an uncited report that there "was a marriage between an Annon and a Benjamin Myers".
- Mary A Martin born 1850/2
- Martha E Martin, born Virginia
- John A Martin, born Feb 22, 1853 in Virginia. Married Mary A. He died Dec 5, 1930 possibly in or around Harris County, Texas. He is buried in Magnolia Springs Cemetery, Jasper County, Texas. His wife Mary died Feb 27, 1947 in Harris County, Texas and is also buried at Magnolia Springs Cemeter.
- Margaret J Martin, born Virginia. Married Grandville Parris in either Little River County or Sevier County, Arkansas.
- James Riley Martin, born Illinois
- Joab "Joe" Martin, born Missouri
- Cora Martin, born Illinois married Harvey Gist and later moved from Sevier County, Arkansas to Atoka County, Oklahoma.
- Clara Belle Martin married first to Elija (Eliza) Gist, and secondly to William H C Morris in either Little River County or Sevier County, Arkansas.
- 1850 District N5, Barbour County, Virginia (now West Virginia)
- 1860 Supposed to be somewhere in Illinois
- 1870 Carter County, Missouri
- 1880 Supposed to be somewhere in Arkansas