Robert Wingfield (1532-1580)
Copyright 2006, Will Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Professional Genealogist, All Rights Reserved
His father's I.P.M. in 1576 states that Robert is "aged 44 or more". He married in Sep 1555 to Elizabeth Cecil (1525-1611) daughter of Richard Cecil.
He was M.P. for Peterborough in 14E1. Robert (Senior) died 31 Mar 1580 at Tickencote, Rutland, and was buried there on 2 Apr 1580. Robert and Elizabeth had four sons and one daughter per Burke's Landed Gentry, "Wingfield of Tickencote", who only names the 2nd son as John.
- Sir Robert Wingfield, Knt of Upton m Prudence Croke;
- John Wingfield of Tickencote; M.P. for Grantham; m1 Elizabeth Gresham; m2 Margaret Thorold;
- Dorothy Wingfield m Claypoole (per AR, also Leo cites TAG 1992)
- Elizabeth Wingfield m1 Morrison m2 Calybut (per Stirnet)
- Bond to William FitzWilliam 10 Oct 1575
- "Robert Wingfield" at Leo van de Pas' Genealogics (webpage) citing TAG Apr 1992 Charles Hansen
- Wingfield02 at Stirnet (webpage)
- Ancestral Roots, 8th Edition, pg 23, Line 15A, (book-image) at ancestry.com, subscription-based service ($$) citing "TAG 47:205, 67:105"
- "Wingfield of Tickencote", Burke's Landed Gentry, free on Google Books
- Living Descendants of Blood Royal, Vol 2, "Landrum"', Count d'Angerville; World Nobility, London. 1962, pg 503-508, (offline book), my personal library
- Wingfield family at Tudorplace.com.ar (webpage)
- "Dorothy Wingfield" in Magna Carta Ancestry, Douglas Richardson