Julie Harris, US Actress, born 2 Dec 1925, who played in East of Eden, Reflections in a Golden Eye, A Doll's House and The Haunting (among others). She has won five Tony awards, and three Emmy awards.
|Julia Ann Harris was born 2 Dec 1925 in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, the daughter of Elsie L. Smith, a nurse, and her husband William Pickett Harris, an investment banker.
Her screen debut was in 1952 in The Member of the Wedding.
In 1959, she co-starred with Christopher Plummer in A Doll's House.
In the 1963 movie The Haunting Julie plays Eleanor, a daughter who nursed her mother until her mother died. Her resentment about that is a focal point affecting the poltergeists and other spirits in the house that her parapsychology group is investigating.In the 1967 movie Reflections in a Golden Eye, Julie is the wife of the commander of the base, trying to recover from madness. While Elizabeth Taylor plays the wife of Marlon Brando, their next-door neighbors.
>==Royal Ascent== Julie Ann Harris has a royal ascent as follows:
- Julie Ann /Harris/
- William Pickett /Harris/ , Jr (b 1897)
- William Pickett /Harris/ (b 1868/9)
- Mary Gindrat /Pickett/ (b 1841)
- Sarah Smith /Harris/ (m 1832)
- Mary Drew /Alston/ (b 1784)
- Col Philip /Alston/
- Joseph John /Alston/ (1702-80)
- Col John /Alston/ (1673-1754/8)
- John /Alston/ (d 1704)
- Dorothy /Temple/ (bur 1668)
- Dorothy /Lee/ (d 1625)
- Dorothy /Browne/ (will 1653)
- Anthony /Browne/ (1552-92)